Shabby and chic

I’ve heard many opinions about shabby chic style, some say its era is over, some call it (excuse this expression) shabby sh*t, others like it only if it’s not in their own homes. I’m in none of these categories. I love this style and for me it will probably last forever. I like it because it’s dreamy and flirty (yet doesn’t feel girly at all!), it’s all about pretty roses, ruffles, white color (washed out, that is), lots of wood and an overall very cozy feeling! Oh yes, and stunning crystal chandeliers, which will blow your mind away! So describing it this way, what’s not to love here? Say whatever you want, on creamylife shabby chic gets a huge yay! :)

What do you think, lovelies! How does shabby chic look in your book?

*images via shabby chic blog, tumblr, skona hem, country living, coastal living, this is glamorous

Tags: , , , ,

7 Responses to “Shabby and chic”

1. Zoe | A Quick Study
    12. Jan, 2011 at 12:20 pm #

I think it’s often pretty, when done well, especially in cottage/ beach house settings. It isn’t my particular taste, so I probably wouldn’t decorate my own spaces in this style.

I also don’t agree about it feeling girly – I think it feels very feminine! But I don’t think that’s a bad thing…

2. Vanja
    12. Jan, 2011 at 2:13 pm #

i love that style, your new photo frame is shabby&chic ! :) hope that you like it! :)

3. Brandi
    12. Jan, 2011 at 2:36 pm #

It’s not quite my style, but I like it. I think the real problem is when people overdo it or start filling their house with things they think are shabby chic, overwhelming you when you walk into a room. Part of the style is about simplicity, I think.

4. Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy
    12. Jan, 2011 at 4:03 pm #

I like it to a certain extent. Like maybe one or two elements in a room, but when the whole house is shabby chic, I’m not a big fan.

5. Olya Nikol
    12. Jan, 2011 at 4:04 pm #

So crazy..! Beautiful! ~

6. Will
    12. Jan, 2011 at 5:28 pm #

I don’t mind it in moderation, but too much is overkill for me! I think it works best in dining rooms or a bedroom!

7. Sandy a la Mode
    13. Jan, 2011 at 4:26 am #

oh wow!! there is soo much beauty in this post~!!! love how romantic it all is!